We are open to working with the Volunteer Action Committee for improvements around the PC Houses or offices. In the past we sent a huge selection of videotapes to the Conakry house. Do you have suggestions or questions? Email us at info @ friendsofguinea.org.
We have funded many projects sponsored by PCVs. All projects under $200 are funded automatically — larger ones take a little discussion but have historically been funded without problem. See all FOG sponsored projects.
In order to have a project funded by FOG, you must do the following:
- Contact the projects officer at projects @ friendsofguinea.org to indicate your interest in having a project funded by FOG. Please include basic information on where the project is, how much money you would request, and when you would need it funded by.
- Begin the process of completing the PCPP application. Unfortunately FOG can only donate money through PCPP! Thus, you must complete their application and have the CD sign-off on the project. While you do this, FOG can fundraise for your project.
- On your PCPP application, mark FRIENDS OF GUINEA as the contact person in the US.
- Send your PCPP application by email to OPSI and cc: to projects @ friendsofguinea.org. This is very important, or else we don’t know you have submitted your project. It is also important that you tell OPSI that this is a FOG sponsored project so they know to coordinate with us.
- FOG will send money immediately to OPSI and you should have your check within a month.
We have also funded the Girls/Gender Conferences 3 years in a row, sending $7000-10,000 for use in these conferences.